Great copy is key to building landing pages that convert. Lucky for you, text is super easy to edit and customize in the Unbounce Classic Builder.
This article describes how to add & edit text in the Unbounce Classic Builder, including resizing it, updating fonts, adding hyperlinks & style, and more.
To add a new text block to your landing page,
- Navigate your page in the Classic Builder.
- From the left-hand side controls, drag and drop the Text widget to the section of your page where you’d like to add your text block.
- A new text block will appear on your page, which you can edit further:
You can use multiple text blocks on a single landing page and move them on the page as you’d like.
Customizing, Editing, & Hyperlinking your Text
You can add additional styles, formatting, or hyperlinks to the text on your page.
- Double-click the text in the Classic Builder.
- Navigate to the Properties tab on the right side of the Classic Builder.
There are two tabs that you can access to edit your text:
- The Style tab
The Action tab
The Style Tab
The features in the Style tab give you access to customizing your text's font family, size, style, or text color:
Use the drop-down menu to change your text style for different heading sizes, paragraphs, or quotes.
The FONT section provides the option to customize your font family, size, text, highlight colors, and font style (bolded, italicized, underlined, and exponents).
Under the PARAGRAPH section are options to edit your text block's alignment or line-height, including numbered, bulleted or indented lists.
The Action Tab
Looking to set up a custom click-action any time your page visitors click a piece of text? You can make these changes within the Action tab:
The TEXT LINK section allows you to add links to your text block. Highlight the text that you'd like to add a link to, then do the following:
- Enter your URL in the URL form field.
- The Target drop-down menu lets you choose where you’d like the link to open (in the same window, or a different frame or window).
You'll notice a blue line under the hyperlinked text, indicating that this is a link. Check out the following article to remove the underline from your text links.
The DYNAMIC TEXT REPLACEMENT section lets you personalize your landing page URLs to match specific keyword search parameters.
- Click the Dynamic Text button to open the Dynamic Text Replacement dialog box. Want to learn more? Check out Working with Dynamic Text Replacement to get more out of your campaigns.
The SOURCE CODE section allows you to directly change the HTML code for the text block to apply any specific scripts that you may want to add to give some flair to your text.
You can also view a text element’s source code by double-clicking on the element and selecting the </> View Source button at the bottom left-hand corner of the element.
Updating the Default Text Styles
You also can set up default text colors at the page-level. To do, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Page Properties tab on the right-hand side of the builder.
Within the Default Text Style tab, update the default Text & Link colors.
- Save & publish/republish your page!
To increase Builder security and prevent unwanted malicious scripts, any added HTML tags that are unsupported will be automatically stripped out by the Inline Text Editor. Please see below for a comprehensive list of allowed and disallowed tags: