Unbounce now allows you to easily integrate with Salesforce, giving you access to another incredible tool in our growing list of third party integrations.
What is Salesforce?
Salesforce offers an amazing set of tools for cloud computing aimed at leading the shift to the Social Enterprise. Their Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution has won numerous awards and is one of the most popular CRMs on the web.
Want to find out more? Head on over to Salesforce and check it out!
How can I use Salesforce with Unbounce?
Integrating Salesforce with your Unbounce landing page is simple, follow the steps below and you will have your campaign up and running in no time!
What you will need:
- An Unbounce account
- An Unbounce landing page with a form that has the following fields:
- Last name
- A valid Salesforce account with access to the Web Services API, with the following permissions:
- API Enabled
- Object-Level permission to Read, Edit, and Create Leads
- Field-Level security to Read, Edit, and Create Lead fields
What Does a Salesforce Integration Do?
Once your landing page is integrated with Salesforce we will send all new leads to Salesforce. That's it, nice and simple! If you'd like the integration to do more please contact us with your ideas and let us know!
Setting Up a Salesforce Integration
- Log in to Unbounce.
- Navigate to the page overview for the page you wish to integrate with Salesforce.
- Click on the Integrations tab, and click on Salesforce.
- Click on the 'Log in to Salesforce" link.
- Log in to Salesforce and click "Allow" in order to give Unbounce permission to send lead information.
- Wait for Salesforce and Unbounce to authenticate.
- Your page should now be successfully integrated with Salesforce! When you close the dialog Salesforce will have a blue checkmark, indicating that new leads will be forwarded to Salesforce.
- Map your form fields in Unbounce to the fields in Salesforce in the field mapping screen on the page overview.
For checkbox fields being used with the Salesforce integration Unbounce will send a boolean (True or False) value. This is only the case when checkboxes in Unbounce are mapped to a checkbox field in Salesforce, in all other scearios Unbounce will send the value as a text string.
That's it, you're all set!
Once your account is integrated, you are ready to start sending your leads over to Salesforce.
If you don't have "modifyalldata" permission on your SalesForce account enabled, you will need to add it. To do so, please follow these simple instructions
- Open the Administration Setup page
- Open Permission Sets
- Select your users permission set
- Select 'System Permissions'
- Add modifyalldata permission
Viewing your Leads on Salesforce
Unbounce sends four custom fields along as part of each lead sent to Salesforce. To view this additional information you will need to configure your Salesforce Lead layout to display the custom fields.
Unbounce Custom Fields:
- Unbounce Page ID - The unique page ID associated the landing page
- Unbounce Page Variant - Indicates which variant the lead was submitted from
- Unbounce Submission Date - The date the lead's form was initially submitted
- Source - The URL of the source landing page
Whitelisting Unbounce IPs
Depending on the security settings in your Salesforce account, you may need to whitelist the IP addresses that Unbounce uses to submit leads via the Salesforce API. You can whitelist the following IPs to ensure the integration can deliver leads in high-security accounts:
Salesforce: CRM solution
What you need from the Unbounce side: Pro subscription, a landing page with form fields, email, last name, and company.
What you need from the Salesforce side: API enabled, object-level permission, and field-level security
Unbounce Custom Fields: Unbounce Page ID, Unbounce Page Variant, Unbounce Submission Date, Source