Say you want to share a URL to your landing page to get insight and feedback from stakeholders, before publishing the live domain or launching your campaign.
You can connect your domain to the unbouncepages.com root domain, which is a free domain that we recommend using for testing purposes.
Publishing your Page to a Test Domain
- Navigate to the Page Overview.
- Click on your page's URL at the top.
- From the Domain Name drop-down menu, select unbouncepages.com:
- Continue by updating the relevant page path to your test URL; rest assured, you can change this page path later:
- Click Save URL.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, click Publish Now:
- A pop-up will appear with suggestions to double-check your page before publishing. When you're ready, click Publish Page.
Once published, the test URL for the example page is unbouncepages.com/fall-sale-campaign-test/.
That's it! You've published your page on a testing URL. Share the URL with stakeholders as needed.
When you're ready to launch your live campaign or start directing traffic to your pages, you can change the URL back to your custom domain: How Can I Change my Display URL?
Sharing Variant Specific URLs
If you have multiple page variants you're testing with Smart Traffic or an A/B test, you may want to share a link to specific variants only.
To do so, add *variant-letter*.html to the end of your URL.
For example, to force direct your visitors to variant A, send visitors to unbouncepages.com/fall-sale-campaign-test/a.html.
Once your campaign is live, we do not recommend sending visitors to variant-specific URLs. This is because Unbounce cannot track conversions on variant-specific URLs, so please only use this URL for testing.