You may notice that every time you edit the mobile version of the page, the desktop view also is affected.
Any edits you make to the mobile version are also made to the desktop version as they are two versions of the same page and share the source code. To prevent this from happening, try the following tips:
Use the Layout Assistant
The Mobile Layout Assistant is found in the top right-hand corner of the builder, under the Page Properties tab. You can click the All Sections button to apply the Layout Assistant to all the sections of your mobile page. By clicking this button, the builder will automatically align your layout as close as it can get to the mobile specifications without you having to do everything manually.
You may have to do some tweaks here and there to get everything to your liking, but starting by clicking this button is the best way to get your page looking mobile ready.
Hold Command (Mac) or Control (Windows)
Hold down the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows) while you move an element. This will allow you to move elements outside of a page section on one version without affecting the placement of the element in the other version.
Use the Scale Bar
If you change the font size of a text element, both desktop and mobile will be affected. Instead, follow these steps on your mobile version:
- Click on the text element
- Locate the Properties Panel on the right
- Use the Scale bar in the Geometry section to adjust the font size
Feel free to continue making adjustments to the dimensions of the text element, without affecting your desktop version, by dragging the sides or corners.
Instead of deleting elements that won't fit in your mobile responsive version, you can "hide" them. There are 2 ways of doing this:
- Click the element, and then the Visibility icon in the Properties panel to toggle the visibility
- Open the Contents panel in the bottom left, locate the element, and click the eye icon beside the element you'd like to hide until it becomes a solid circle.
You can also edit and change section backgrounds in the Mobile view without affecting your Desktop section background.
- Click on Mobile in the bottom right of the Unbounce Builder to switch to Mobile view.
- Click on the background section that you'd like to change.
- Select the Properties tab from the top right corner of the Builder.
- Scroll down to the Background section and select an image or background color that you'd like to use.
- Save your changes.
Once you've edited the section background in your Mobile view, you'll notice that your Desktop view remains unaffected. Now that you've altered the Mobile view, you can change your background on the Desktop view as well without affecting Mobile, as they are both completely separate.