This article provides general guidance on configuring a CNAME record. For specific steps to set up your custom domain, check out our Help Centre article on Hosting Your Landing Pages:
General CNAME set up instructions
If we do not have CNAME record set up instructions for your specific host, these directions should help you make the necessary changes. We'd also appreciate if you let us know who your host is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look at putting some specific instructions together.
- Sign in to the account where you manage your domain
- Navigate to the DNS management page
- Find a section called CNAME records
- Create a new CNAME record for your subdomain
- For example, if you picked "promo.cheapelephants.com" as your custom domain, create the record for "promo"
- If you're using the root domain "www.cheapelephants.com" create the record for "www"
CNAMEs can take up to 48 hours to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your domain is added to Unbounce and your landing pages are pointing to your custom domain.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us at email@example.com