Before you get started, you'll want to add a subdomain in your BlueHost account by following the directions below:
Working with your BlueHost hosted domain:
- Log in to your BlueHost account at http://my.bluehost.com
- Select the DNS Zone Editor in the Domains section
- Select the domain you wish to modify from the drop down menu
- Navigate to Add a DNS Record (you may need to scroll down)
- Enter your subdomain in Host Record:
- Enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your Unbounce custom domain
- For example, if you picked "promos.mysite.com" as your address, enter "promos"
- Or, if you're using a root domain such as "www.mysite.com" then you'll want to enter "www"
If you get an error adding your CNAME, there may be an A Record set up for your subdomain (sometimes, setting up a new subdomain will automatically create an A Record in BlueHost). To solve this just delete the A Record from the DNS Zone Editor, then add your CNAME.
For more information, you can access BlueHost's support documentation:
CNAMEs can take up to 48 hours to propagate. Once it's ready, you can ensure your pages are published where you want by making sure your custom domain is added to Unbounce, and double checking that your landing pages are using your custom domain.
If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing difficulties with your custom domain, take a screenshot of your current DNS setup and contact us at email@example.com.