In order for Google AdWords' conversion tracking to work, the tracking script must be placed on the final page of your funnel. This is usually your thank-you page and by default in Unbounce, it will be your form confirmation dialog.
To configure AdWords conversion tracking to work with the form confirmation dialog:
- Access your Google AdWords account and click Tools and Analysis > Conversions
- Create a New Conversion or choose an existing conversion and follow the steps to create your tracking code then Copy it (see Google AdWords' Set Up Instructions for more information).
- Load your page in the Unbounce editor and click the Form Confirmation Dialog tab in the upper left of the editor to edit the form confirmation dialog page.
- Name your script, for placement choose Before Body End Tag, and paste in your AdWords conversion tracking code
- Save and republish your page.
AdWords will then track conversions on your Unbounce landing page.
Note: AdWords will often take up to 24h to reflect a conversion. If you test your page, you may have to wait up to 24h to confirm that the script is working correctly.
Google AdWords Conversion Tracking: placed on the final page of your funnel, normally your Thank You/Form Confirmation dialog page.
Google AdWords Conversion Tracking Placement: Before Body End Tag
Google AdWords: may take up to 24h to reflect a conversion.